Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cerita Hujung Minggu

Last nite I can finally finish watching the ‘Elizabethtown’ movie. Starring Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom. Sebelum nie, ade tengok gak tapi tak sempat habis. Tengok separuh jalan DVD pon rosak, tak keluar gamba…me and my choices of pirated DVD! Padanla pun rosak, pirated stuff, low class, tak berkualiti! Haha

Dah la pinjam member punya, rosak plak tu (hey, as long as its cheap and do not directly affect the Malaysian movie industry, it is fine by me!) Tgk citer oversea jer yg pirated tau, citer2 melayu sumer tgk kat wayang tau! Especially cite Bro Afdlin Shauqi, tak pernah miss tengok semua citer dia kat wayang!

Anyhow, back to Elizabethtown, citer ni pasal seorang pembuat kasut, eh silap, pereka kasut, basketball shoes to be exact, Drew. Mamat Drew ni dah design satu kasut but turned out to be a total fiasco! And at the same time, his father passed away. So, citer ni pasal macam mana dia teruskan hidup lepas ayah dia mati. He was trying to commit suicide, but failed because the minute he tried to kill himself, his sister called, and told him to manage the funeral for his father at his father’s hometown, Elizabethtown, which is in Kentucky.


Awalan citer ni agak slow, but once you continue, you will find yourself hooked up to the whole story. The hilarious character of Drew and Claire, which I found very true and I felt, connected to the whole story.

People say that, one moment can change your whole life. I believe that. I truly do. (Although I don’t believe in love at first sight) Elizabethtown ni citer pasal tu lah. Mamat Drew ni dapat satu persepsi dan perspektif baru pasal hidup dan kehidupan. About purpose of life. He finally found his purpose of life. Being failed once doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world!

Sometimes, aku tertanya-tanya jugak… why am I here? What am I doing here? Why am I alive? Why is my life like this? I used to a pessimist. Then I turned to be an optimist. Then, pessimist again. Now? I think I’m optimist now. I don’t know why I was feeling deeply down, a few months back. I feel lonely…. I guess.


My friends are always occupied with something else, which leave no time for me to hang out with them. Plus, most of my friends are already engaged and getting married this year.

Me? I’m happy with what I am right now. I’ve always been single and I’m okay with that. (bilamana mak dan ayah asyik tanya bile nak kahwin je aku jadi tak okay, orang lain tanya aku tak kisah). So I’m living my life the way I should right now… live my life to the fullest! Stop think too much! Enjoy life when I’m young! gambatte!

No comments: